Minecraft Beta 1.3 Complete Guide
In this tutorial I will be showing you all the ins and outs of the new 1.3 beta released Feb 22, 2011.
By the way, I apologize for using logs instead of wood to smelt the stone. I didn’t realize it’s more efficient to use planks.
———- Full (arguably) release notes from Notch:
- Implemented a new lighting engine with the help of MrMessiahs (can be turned off)
- Changed the options around, added a new “Graphics options” button
- Added beds. If all players in a map sleeps in a bed during night, the game immediately skips until morning
- Added three new half-size blocks
- Added Delay/Repeater redstone dust blocks
- Added whitelisting to the server.
- New save file format, old maps need to be converted (that might take a while..)
- It’s now possible to have more than five save slots, and to rename saves
- Scrollbars in both the texture pack list, and in the map selection screen
- Replaced the Mojang splash image to reflect the new logo colors
- .. and a bunch of bug fixes and tweaks!
———- A Few More Notes:
Slimes should appear more often after this update.
You should now be able to find sandstone naturally.
Press F8 in-game for mouse smoothing - perfect for videos.
Put your bed in a safe place, because mobs can wake you up during the night.
Pressure plates are now crafted from two blocks (horizontally in a line) instead of three.
———- Very minor things:
There’s a new, mysterious block texture in the game files. Notch has said that it was left over from an “abandoned project” of his.
Redstone wire now fades with distance from a power source.
New painting added.
Lapis Lazuli drops more pieces when mined in multiplayer.
Sulphur renamed back to Gunpowder.
Glitching in SMP fixed when standing on fences (seriously, who stands on fences?).